December already! I have had a rough year so far with three operations since last December and other health issues rearing its head. I am glad to be finally on the mend. I hope the following year will be a lot more healthful.
On other things, I am starting to settle into the Android development role now and enjoy learning something new daily. I wrote up my performance review recently and have been looking at how much I have progressed since July even with all the interruptions of hospital visits. I now have learnt a lot more about the inner-workings of the app and aosp. Next year I have a few goals that I hope to achieve. Last years goals were as follows:- Android development, B1 German, fix a medium bug and documentation by shadowing a colleague. I have achieved them in terms of the bug, documentation as well as on-going learning of German. I had to reschedule the B1 examination as I had the last operation in November 2018 and it was the same week as it was scheduled. Thankfully I have been learning a lot of German with Memrise, Duolingo and now an evening class two times a week.
Next years goals I am looking at a few things in terms of work:-
1) Android development - completion of the nanodegree - paid for course.
2) B1 exam in November - completion of B1 and go to another course for B2 with a view to complete the B2 exam in November 2020.
3) AOSP and kernel development - fixing of a bug or feature development of a task in the AOSP - fixing of bugs specifically in AOSP in
terms of gesture-based side of the system.
4) Re-designing of the app with UX and implementation of the MVP architecture - this will clean up the code completely, improve
performance, reduce lines of code and make the code more readable.
Personal goals include :-
1) A competitive run
2) Climbing a mountain
3) Travel to a country I have never visited before
4) Do a long hike
5) An adventure race at the end of the year
As for relationship goals, I'll keep them to myself but yes, I would like to contact friends more - visit them more and keep in contact a lot more. We shall see how 2019 fairs.
Comments are closed.